Dr. Arun Prasad, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Bariatric and Robotic Surgery, New Delhi, has been conferred with “DMA Swastha Ratan Award” by Delhi Medical Association on 1st July 2022, for outstanding contribution in the field of Medicine and Service of mankind.
Dr. Arun Prasad was one of the expert facility during FALS BARIATRIC 2022 program held at KD Hospital, Ahmedabad from 22nd till 24th July 2022.
Dr. Arun Prasad has delivered a talk on “Basics of Bariatric Surgery” at 3rd Annual International Conference of American College of Surgeons India chapter – ACSCON IC 2022, held from 3rd to 7th August 2022 at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, New Delhi.
Dr. Ashish Aneja, from Kurukshetra, India has organized Free Cardio- Diabetic Medical Health check-up and Awareness camp on World Yoga Day on 21st June 2022 and on World Population Day on 11th July 2022 in association with GAPIO.
Dr. Bellamkonda Kishore, Nephrologist, University Professor and VA Investigator – University of Utah and VA Medical Center, has been granted second patent to treat kidney diseases associated with elevated levels of arginine vasopressin (AVP) by the US Patent and Trademark Office. The first patent issued in 2020 covers the use of ticagrelor and/or its derivatives for decreasing circulating levels of AVP, whereas the second patent covers the metabolites of ticagrelor to achieve the same. When fully developed and commercialized, this technology should allow us to treat a host of diseases associated with elevated levels of AVP, such as ADPKD, congestive heart failure, cirrhosis of liver, cardiorenal syndrome, high altitude pulmonary hypertension as well as certain forms of autism and depression.
Dr. N Ramakrishnan, Senior Consultant, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Chennai has published the following article:
- Ramakrishnan, Bharatkumar; Tirupakuzhi, Vijayaraghavan with WHO team, has published a research article on “Severity of disease associated with Omicron variant as compared with Delta variant in hospitalized patients with suspected or confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Ramakrishnan, Bharatkumar, Tirupakuzhi, Vijayaraghavan with the LOVIT study team has published an original article on “Intravenous Vitamin C in Adults with Sepsis in the Intensive Care Unit” in June 2022.
- Ramakrishnan, Bharatkumar, Tirupakuzhi, Vijayaraghavan with Neil Adhikari has published editorial on “Sepsis Epidemiology and Outcomes in Asia: Advancing the Needle” in American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine in June 2022.
Dr. R N Srivastava has been conferred with ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ by International Pediatric Nephrology Association in contributions to Pediatric nephrology on both local and international level.
Dr. Raju Vaishya, Senior Consultant, Orthopedic Surgeon at New Delhi, has been conferred with ‘Chikitsa Ratna Award’ by IMA South Delhi Branch on 11th July 2022.
Dr. Raju Vaishya has also received Publication Awards for 54 papers on 27th July 2022.
Dr. Vaishya has published the following articles:
- Vaishya R, Gupta BM, Kappi M, Vaish A. Scientometric analysis of Indian Orthopedic Research in the last two decades. Int Orthop 2022; doi: 10.1007/s00264-022-05523-w
- Migliorini F, Vaishya R, Eschweiler J, Oliva F, Hildebrand F, Maffulli N. Vitamins C and D and COVID-19 susceptibility, severity, and progression: an evidence based systematic review. Medicina 2022, 58(7), 941; https://doi.org/10.3390/medicina58070941
- Vaishya R. Misra A. International Rankings of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases Related Journals in Comparison to Other Medical Journal from India. Diabetes Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews 2022; 102559. doi: 10.1016/j.dsx.2022.102559
- Risitano S, Cacciola G, Sabatini L, Capella M, Bosco F, Giustra F, Massè A, Vaishya R. Restricted Kinematic Alignment in Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty: A systematic review of radiographic and clinical data. J Orthop 2022; doi: 10.1016/j.jor.2022.06.014
- Vaishya R. Perspective of an Arthroplasty Surgeon of his own Simultaneous Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty. SICOT e-newsletter July 2022; 106: 28-31.://web.sicot.org/newsletter/106/SICOT-Newsletter-July-2022.pdf