GAPIO Members Honours list – November 2023
Dr. Arun Prasad, Surgical Gastroenterology, Bariatric and Robotic Surgery, New Delhi, has got his article entitled ‘Global Benchmarks in Primary Robotic Bariatric Surgery Redefine Quality Standards for Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass and Sleeve Gastrectomy’ published in British Journal of Surgery (BJS).
Dr Prasad is co-author in this landmark international study combining robotic bariatric surgery data from multiple countries.
Dr Ashok Sharma, Consultant, Internal Medicine at New Delhi’s book “The Last Ride” has been chosen as one of Barnes Book Review’s Books of the Month in November. This prestigious selection means that his book will be prominently featured on “Barnes Book Review’s” website throughout the entire month, giving it maximum exposure to the readers.
Dr Ashok has participated as a Standing Committee Member in 3rd Edition of World Obesity and Weight Management Congress (WOC-2023).
Dr Ashok has organised the Walkathon and lifesaving training program on 26th November on the occasion of World Diabetes Day.
Dr Devendra Kumar Gupta, Former Professor and Head, Department of Pediatric Surgery at AIIMS, New Delhi, former Vice-Chancellor – KGMU, Lucknow, Director and CEO: Postgraduate Institute of Child health, Noida, has delivered the following lecture / talk:
- Invited by the Franco- Congolese Association and the Ministry of Health, Democratic Republic of Congo to visit for charity at the children hospital Kinshasa and deliver lectures (5), demonstrate surgical techniques and submit the proposal to Establish a new 450 Bed, University Institute of Child Health.
- Invited to deliver Guest lectures (2), and participate in the other academic programs at the Sydney Children Hospital, University of New South Wales.
- Invited to deliver Master Class lectures (2) by the Dept of Pediatric Surgery, University of Bolognia Italy, in the Workshop held during the International Congress of Pediatric Urology.
- Invited as Guest of Honor and also to deliver the Guest Lecture on -Alcohol – Use and Abuse, at the India Club Meeting, Rouse Hill, Sydney for creating general awareness on risks of Alcohol consumption.
- Invited to the TV Talk -Total Health (India), on Advances in surgery for malformations in New-born and children, in India, for creating awareness amongst the General public.
Prof. Dilip Kumar Mazumdar from Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratishthan and Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences has received “Master Teacher” award from Indian College of Physicians, Academic wing of The Associations of Physicians of India in January 2023 at Ahmedabad.
Prof. Dilip has received Swami Dayananda oration in the Annual conference of Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences, Teaching wing of Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratishthan on 25th November 2023
Dr. Kandamaran Krishnamurthy, Consultant Pediatric- Intensive Care Unit from Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Barbados is one of the contributing author in SCCM critical care work force update 2023 on “evaluated the field’s continued emergence from the COVID-19 pandemic, changes in the critical care workforce, and pitfalls exposed by the pandemic”.
Dr. Kandamaran, as Global Health Advisor with The Prince Godwill D Fomusoh Foundation (PGDFF) Caribbean Inc. in collaboration with the Community Development Department and the Massy Foundation, is continuing its initiative to establish mini libraries in various locations across the island. He said that the primary goal of the initiative is to foster children’s interest in reading.
Dr. Priyadarshini Lingaraj, Specialist, Obstetrics & Gynecology at Ahalia Hospital, Mussafah, Abu Dhabi, UAE has received the ” Thanga Tharagai 2023″ award, from the hon’ble minister Mr. Tiruchi Siva on the 4th of November 2023 at Abu Dhabi. This is an eminent award in recognition with the academic and community services and first of its kind in the UAE.
Dr. Priyadarshini has also served as examiner for MRCOG- part 3 and EFOG-EBCOG paper 2 exam training at Dubai.
Dr Puneet Wadhwa, Specialist Pediatrician, Prime Hospital, Dubai, UAE has received “Pediatrician of the year ” award by H. E. Sheikh Nahayan Mubarak Al Nahyan, Cabinet Member and Minister of Tolerance Coexistence, United Arab Emirates at The Annual HEALTH Awards.
Dr. Raju Vaishya, Senior Consultant, Orthopedic Surgeon at New Delhi has published the following papers:
- Vaishya R, Gupta BM, Misra, Kappi M, Vaish A. Top 100 Highly Cited Papers from India on Covid-19 Research: A Bibliometric Analysis of the Core Literature. Diabetes Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2023; 17(11): 102898. doi: 10.1016/j.dsx.2023.102898
- Vaishya R, Vaish A. Global trend of publications in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine: 1996-2021. Chinese J Traumatology 2023; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cjtee.2023.10.006
- Nagarajan L, Khatri A, Sudan A, Vaishya R, Ghosh S. Deep Learning augmented osteoarthritis grading standardization. Tissue Eng Part A. 2023 Nov 11. doi: 10.1089/ten.TEA.2023.0206. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 37950715.
- Vaishya R, Vaish A. Trend of Publications from Iran in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine. Arch Bone Joint Surg 2023; 10.22038/ABJS.2023.75793.3508
- Kinglsey KE, Vaish A, Vaishya R. Letter to Editor with regards to Authorship Patterns in the Orthopaedic Journals of Low-Income and Lower-Middle-Income Countries. J Bone Joint Surg (Am) Dec. 2023; JBJS: Authorship Patterns in the Orthopaedic Journals of Low-Income and Lower-Middle-Income Countries
- Vaishya R. A Glimpse of Research output from Nepal and the way forward. J Nepal Health Res Counc 2023 Apr-Jun;21(59): I-III.
- Vaishya R. Research Output from Egypt in Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine. Egyptian J Orthop 2023; DOI: 10.4103/eoj.eoj_121_23
Dr Subhakar Kandi, Prof & HOD Pulmonary Medicine, Kamineni Academy of Medical Sciences and Research Center is Organizing Secretary for National Conference on Pulmonary Diseases (NAPCON 2023) at Hyderabad from 30th November 2023. This is a landmark silver Jubilee conference in the field of Pulmonary Medicine jointly organised by Indian Chest Society and National College of Chest Physicians. More than 65 International faculty from 15 countries and 650 national faculty are attending this conference. It will be attended by 2500-3000 delegates.
Dr Subhakar has also got fellowship of Royal college of Physicians London and Royal college of Physicians Edinburgh.
Dr. Zia Arshad, Professor, Department of Anaesthesiology & Critical Care, KGMU, Lucknow has published the following papers as corresponding author Pralobh Kumar Singh, Manish Kumar Singh, Zia Arshad*, Gyan Prakash Singh. (2023). “Correlation Between the Sedation Agitation Scale and Bispectral Index for Sedation in The Mechanically Ventilated Patients in Intensive Care Unit” in the Journal of Population Therapeutics and Clinical Pharmacology, 30(18),1484–1494.
Dr. Zia developed a Module and conducted a CME & workshop for SIHFWUP on Fundamental Critical Care.
Dr. Zia received a letter of appreciation from Govt. of Uttar Pradesh for Development of Module on Fundamental of Critical Care & conducting a CME & Workshop for Medical Officer.
Dr. Zia received Fellowship of Indian Society of Chronomedicine (FISCM) and Life Membership of Indian Academy of Biomedical Sciences (IABS) (384/23).
Dr. Krishnan Ganapathy Hon GAPIO Emeritus Fellow, Distinguished Professor, The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University and Emeritus Professor National Academy of Medical Sciences has contributed the following between Sep – Nov 2023.