Dr. Anjan Bhattacharya, Developmental Paediatrician based at Child Development Centre, Kolkata, has been invited to attend the Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health Exam Board for their MRCPCH, UK exams as one of the two members from India.
Dr. Anju Aggarwal, Family Physician in Sydney, Australia, has been awarded a highly prestigious “National GP of the Year 2022” for this year in Australia. The award was presented at the RACGP Annual convocation function held in Melbourne on 27 November 2022.
Prof. Arun Jamkar, Distinguished Professor, SIU Pune and Consultant, Health care, Persistent Systems Ltd., have been honoured with Fellowship of National Academy of Medical Sciences.
Dr. Arun Prasad, Surgical Gastroenterology, Bariatric and Robotic Surgery, New Delhi, was invited to deliver key note address on Robotic Bariatric Surgery at 2nd International Diabesity and Metabolic Surgery Summit (IDMSS) national conference held on 25-27 October, 2022, at Israel.
Dr. Prasad has also been nominated as member of Specialist Board in Minimal Access Surgery of National Board of Examinations, MOHFW, Government of India.
Dr. Ashis K. Saha, HOD (Medicine) in Kishanganj Medical College & LSK Hospital, Kishanganj, Bihar has been received “Fellowship” from Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine.
Dr. Saha has also been awarded “DR G BE JAIN” oration from Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine.
Dr. Ashish Aneja, Senior Medical Officer, Kurukshetra University, has been awarded with Rashtriye Yog Veer Health Award 2022 from Akhil Bhartiya Yog Shikshak Mahasang in New Delhi for his social work and awareness camps in association with GAPIO for the last 10 years.
Dr. Aneja has organised free health check-up and awareness camp on the occasion of World Diabetes Day 2022 in association with GAPIO.
Dr. Ashok Sharma, Consultant, Internal Medicine at New Delhi has Completed online Geriatric Medicine course by Medvarsity & Apollo Hospitals Educational and Research Foundation.
Dr. Bidita Khandelwal, Director, Directorate of Research, Sikkim Manipal University has delivered guest lecture on Natural Products and Lifestyle Diseases on 6th Nov 22 during the 2nd International Conference on Natural Products and Human Health-2022 (ICNPHH 22).
Dr. Bidita also delivered a guest lecture on Thyroid Dysfunction and Diabetes Mellitus: Two closely associated disorders on 12th Nov 22 at the North Eastern Diabetes Society conference (NEDSCON 22), at Guwahati, Assam.
Dr. Deepa Passi, Senior Consultant, Paediatrics, Apollo Hospitals, Delhi has contributed the following:
- Given a talk on “Ethical Issues In Paediatric Practice” held on 29th October 2022 at PCNI, DELHI
- Organised a workshop on “Poor Academic Performance in Teens” at Mission School Uday on 4th November 2022.
- Has been the part of panel discussion on “Gender Identity Issues” during First Asian Conference Adolescon held on 5th November 2022 Kolkata.
- Won the appreciation award for designing the AHA logo at First Asian Conference Adolescon held on 6th November 2022 Kolkata.
- Contributed two articles i.e. “Prevention of Suicide in Adolescents” and “Dating in Teens” for the souvenir of First Asian Conference Adolescon held on 6th November 2022 Kolkata.
Dr. Glory Alexander, Director, ASHA Foundation, has been appointed as a member of the Organising Committee of the International AIDS Society (IAS) for the 12th IAS Science conference, scheduled to be held in Brisbane, Australia, from 23rd July 2023 to 26th July 2023.
Dr. Glory has written a chapter in the book titled – “Perils of Practice- The Prevention of Violence Against Healthcare Professionals”. The Chapter is titled – The Importance of Effective Communication. The book was released on 16th October 2022 at USII, Delhi.
Dr. Keerti Singh, lecturer in the Faculty of Medical Sciences, Cave Hill campus, Barbados, University of the West Indies, has contributed the following:
- Obtained the Wound Care Certified credential by The National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy (NAWCO) Certification Board, USA.
- November 5th – 6th 2022 – Attended the face-to-face Annual meeting of the Caribbean Urological Association (CURA) at the Barbados Hilton.
- November 18th 2022 – Participated as a panellist in the Andrology Conclave for Urologists and Reproductive Clinicians focused on “the latest advances in 6th edition of the WHO Manual for the Laboratory Examination and Processing of Human Semen, a Joint Online Meeting of the Global Andrology Forum and the Indonesian Society of Andrological Urology.
- November 23rd 2022 – Attended the 6th Annual Oscar Jordan Medical Symposium – “Peripheral Artery Disease: The Underestimated Opponent”, 3Ws Oval Pavilion UWI Cave Hill. Organized by the Barbados Diabetes Foundation
- November 26th 2022: Organized the Optimist International Caribbean District Childhood Health and Response Mission (CHaRM) committee’s HIV and AIDS interCaribbean webinar as Co-Chair of CHaRM Committee. Theme “Equalize = HIV Services, Availability, Quality & Suitability”. Speakers included representatives from the Pan American Health Organization and the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child.
Dr Narendra Nath Jena, Director & Head, Institute of Emergency Medicine, Meenakshi Mission Hospital and Research Center, Madurai, Tamil Nadu has been honoured by receiving the “distinguished service in Clinical Toxicology” award by Indian Society of Toxicology (IST) during the annual conference of The Indian Society of Toxicology- TOXICON – 16 at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore.
Dr. Premkumar Balachandran, Senior consultant and clinical lead at Chennai, has published his publication on ‘Hernia Sac Preservation for Prevention of Transversus Abdominis Release in Laparoscopic Extended-Totally Extra Peritoneal Repair of Ventral Hernia: A Minimalistic Solution for a Formidable Challenge’ in “Journal of abdominal wall surgery” which is the official journal of the European hernia society.
Dr. Raju Vaishya, Senior Consultant, Orthopedic Surgeon at New Delhi, has published the following article:
- D’Ambrosi R, Vaishya R, Verde F. Balancing in Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty: balancing in flexion or in extension? J Clin Med 2022, 11, 6813. https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm11226813
- Iyengar KP, Mishra AK, Vaish A, Kurisunkal V, Vaishya R, Botchu R. Primary Synovial Chondromatosis of the hip joint (PrSC of the hip): A Retrospective Cohort Analysis and Review of the Literature. J Clinical Orthop Trauma 2022; do:1016/jcot.2022.102068
3) Thitai J, Vaish A, Goyal N, Vaishya R. Bilateral coracoid process nonunion with a bilateral chronic anterior shoulder instability – A rare case report. J Orthop Reports 2022; 1 94): 100100. Doi: 10.1016/j.jorep.2022.100100
- Vaish A, Vaishya R, Gupta BM, Kappi M, Kohli S. High-Cited Publications from Indian Orthopaedic Research in the last two decade. Apollo Med 2022; doi:4103/am.am_162_22
- Itha R, Vaish A, Vaishya R. Hill Sachs lesions revisited – A review. J Arthroscop Joint Surg 2022; J Arthroscop Joint Surg 2022; 9 (3): 95-101. doi: 10.4103/jajs.jajs_89_22
- Vaish A, Shukla T, Vaishya R. Bilateral osteonecrosis of the talus following steroid use after renal transplant. J Orthop Reports 2022; doi: 1016/j.jorep.2022.100110
- Raju has been felicitated by Delhi Orthopaedic Association for being in the top 2% global researcher’s list of Standford University, USA. Nov. 2022
- Raju has received best paper award of DOA, titled ‘Trend and characteristics of Orthopaedic publications from Indian authors in the last two decades’, Nov. 2022
- Raju has been inducted as an Editorial Board Member of Scientific Reports, the largest open access journal published by Nature Portfolio, the publishers of Nature. Nov. 2022
- Raju has been achieved a significant milestone of surpassing 10,000+ citations to 700+ research articles
Dr. Rakesh Sahay, Prof. of Endocrinology & Head, Department of Endocrinology, Osmania Medical College and Hospital is currently the President of the Endocrine Society of India has been awarded the Honorary Fellowship of the Sri Lanka College of Endocrinology on October 28th 2022 and was invited as a Special Guest for the Inagural Function of the Annual Congress of Sri Lanka College of Endocrinology.
Dr. Sahay has delivered a Lecture on ‘Reversal of Diabetes a Myth or reality” at the same meeting in Colombo on 29 October 2022.
Dr. Sahay has been invited faculty at the Annual Convocation of the National Academy of Medical Sciences, held at Jaipur 10-12 November. Dr. Sahay spoke on the Cardiovascular effects of Anti-Diabetic medications during the CME on lifestyle disorders conducted on the 10 November 2022.
Dr. Sahay has taken over as the President Elect of Research Society for Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI) on the 7th October during the General Body meeting held at Chennai.
Dr. Sahay has also delivered a lecture on ‘Twincretins – Emerging role in Management of Diabesity” on 7 October 2022 during the Annual Conference of RSSDI at Chennai.
Dr. Saroj Kumar Pattnaik, Sr. Consultant, Critical Care Medicine at Bhubaneswar, has been awarded with Fellowship in General Infectious Disease (FGID) by CMC, Vellore.
Dr. Tejinder Singh, Professor of Pediatrics and Medical Education and Vice-Principal, Christian Medical College & Hospital (CMCH), Ludhiana was selected as NAMS Emeritus Professor by National Academy of Medical Sciences 2023-2027.