Dr. Arun Prasad, senior consultant, Surgical Gastroenterology, Bariatric and Robotic Surgery, Academic Advisor and Clinical Tutor, Department of Surgery, Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, President of Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI), 2018-20 and President of International MGB-OAGB Club for Bariatric Surgery has published a paper on “Impact of COVID‑19 pandemic on bariatric surgery in India: An Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society of India survey of 1307 patients” in Journal of Minimal Access Surgery.
Dr. Aashish K Bansal, Cornea and Refractive Surgeon, Apollo Hospital, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad; Elected as President- Elect of Telangana Ophthalmological Society in August 2121
Dr. Akshat Pandey, Consultant advisor, COVID task force (IGHM), Lucknow India has been awarded with “Excellence Service Award” at ceremony of International Scientist Awards on Engineering, Science and Medicine, held on 28 and 29 August 2021 at Trivandrum, India, organized by VDGOOD Professional Association.
Dr. Aashka Ponda, DNB Neurology Resident from Apollo Hospitals International limited, Ahmedabad submitted thesis for poster publication at European stroke association conference in Geneva, from 1st to 3rd September 2021 which was selected and Dr. Aashka also got scholarship.
Dr. Bijay Patni, Consultant Physician and Diabetologist and HOD, Diabetes Wellness Care, Kolkata, and Founder, DRWA (Diabetes Research and Welfare Association)
· Contributed a Chapter “Hypertension and Peripheral Artery Disease” in Handbook of Hypertension.
· Faculty, Post- Graduate Certificate Course in Diabetes, ICCMD .Prog is presently on going ,started from 15/07/2021.
· Faculty, East Zone – Omron Academy – have conducted 4 workshops in the last 6 months on Hypertension for Physicians and Paramedic staffs. Last workshop on 26/07/2021.
· Brand Ambassador ( 1 of the 2 in City of Kolkata) for 100 days Defeat Diabetes Campaign organized by RSSDI ( Ist July for next 100days).
· Speaker at various local and national conferences like RSSDI, DIPSI, ACP, DRWA, CCDSI, NUCD, NCCD, WCC, BPCON.
· Faculty at “Hello Diabetes” from 23-25th July 2021.
· Oral Paper Presentation in Diabetes India 2021 from 11th -13th June on “Prevalence of Hypertension – Single Center Study. “
· Conducted camps / webinar for NGOs like Lions club and Rotary club regularly. Last educational webinar done on 16/06/2021 for Lions club, Calcutta.
Dr. Ramesh Venkataraman, Senior Consultant in Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai given the following Orations/Lectures:
· Wait and watch approach is the way to go with Renal Replacement Therapy at Hyderabad Intensive Care Symposium HICS 6 in August 2021
· How I made my decisions in COVID? at Hyderabad Intensive Care Symposium HICS 6 in August 2021
· Extracorporeal therapy – Panel Discussion at Hyderabad Intensive Care Symposium HICS 6 in August 2021
Dr. (Prof.) Raju Vaishya, Sr. Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, published the following papers:
- Vaishya R. The Visionary who Transformed Private Healthcare in India. Indian J Med Sc 2021; doi: 10.25259/IJMS_403_2021
- Mishra AK, Vaish A, Vaishya R. Effect of Body Mass Index on the outcomes of primary Ttotal Knee Arthroplasty up to one year- a prospective cohort study. Pre print. Research Square 23rd Aug. 2021: doi. 10.21203/rs.3.rs-829103/v1
- Vaishya R. Clinical Rheumatology – A book review. Indian J Orthop 2021; 10.1007/s43465-021-00480-9
- Vaishya R, Vaish A. Disproportionate gender representation in Orthopaedics and its Research. J Clin Orthop Trauma 2021; doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2021.101572
· Vaishya R, Sibal A, Malani A, Singh SK, Das S. Emergence of COVID-19 variants among ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (Recombinant) Vaccine recipients. Indian J Med Res 2021; 10.4103/ijmr.ijmr_2061_21
· Jena AN, Goyal N, Vaishya R. 18F-NaF Simultaneous PET/MRI in Osteoarthritis: Initial observations with case illustrations. J Clin Orthop Trauma 2021; 22: 101569. Doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2021.101569
- Vaishya R, Sibal A, Singh SK et al. ChAdOx1 n-COV 19 Vaccine protected against severe infection caused by the Variants. Mayo Clinic Proceedings August 2021; doi: 10.1016/j.mayocp.2021.07.016.
- Vaish A, Vaishya R. Multiple infarcts around the knee in a middle-aged female. Apollo Medicine 2021;10.4103/am.am_53_21
Dr. Tarun Gupta, Senior Consultant General and Laparoscopic Surgeon at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Greater Noida; has conferred with an Appreciation Award by Rotary Club, Dadri, UP for his outstanding performance for the special cause at Multi Speciality Medical Camp at Dadri, UP organized jointly with Rotary Club Dadri “The Rotary Day” on 29 August 2021. It was a great success.
Dr. Varadaraj Velamoor, Professor of Psychiatry, Western, Lakehead, and Laurentian Universities, Canada, has published a novel titled “The Reunion”.